Taurion tech demo
The following guide will help you get started with Taurion.
NOTE: This is an incomplete alpha build. Many aspects of the game have not been implemented, e.g. you cannot build buildings yet or get vehicles beyond the initial scout vehicle. Keep this in mind as you play and experiment.
If you have an integrated or poor Graphics card (GPU), in the settings of Taurion you can put all settings to low and tick the box for integrated graphics, in the graphics tab menu., then restart the client.
Requirements: Currently Windows Only – Linux/Mac Coming Soon. Android Later.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 3ghz / AMD Athlon II X4 640 3ghz
5GB HD Space (includes Blockchain)
2017+ Intel iGPU / AMD APU
Windows 10 64Bit
Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz/ AMD FX 8350
5GB HD Space (includes Blockchain)
nvidia 1060 / AMD RX570 Graphics cards
Download XAYA Electron Wallet
Download the latest version of XAYA here:
Install and run it, then let it fully sync. The time to sync depends upon your computer’s performance although the new installer allows you to predownload the chain which should save a lot of time.
At first, it may not appear to sync because it is downloading block headers so give it some time. Once it begins downloading blocks you’ll see the green progress bar advancing (1). Once it has finished downloading, you’ll see the blocks to download is equal to the total blocks in the green progress bar (2).
Back Up, Get Address, & Get CHI
After it has sync’d, encrypt your vault wallet with a password. To do that, click ENCRYPT in overview with your vault wallet selected. DO NOT LOSE THIS PASSWORD. You should then back up your wallet and password. See here and here for how to do that.
Change to your game wallet using the drop down menu in the upper left (3 above).
Download & Run Taurion Pre-alpha Build
IMPORTANT: WHEN YOU RUN TAURION, YOU MUST ALLOW IT TO SYNCHRONISE FIRST BEFORE YOU CAN PLAY. THIS MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES.
Download Taurion from this link and unzip to a folder:
THIS IS THE COMPETITION BUILD
Latest Version > https://xaya.io/downloads/Taurion_th2_4.0.exe
- Fixed performance regression with the long paths
- Fixed pending path arrows missing from time to time
- Fixed pathfinder failing near canyon edges and narrows pathes
- Installer will now include database snapshot for fast synchronization after the update
Old versions >
- lots of bug fixes
- massive performance increase (too many optimizations to list)
- region texture updates dynamically on gpu (no more regionxxx.dat, regions should update real time when can/can’t be prospected)
- WARNING: You will need to Taurion sync from scratch (when you install it will sync from scratch and may take an hour or longer). If you ask in Discord – we will provide the gamestate so you do not need to sync (if you are not paranpid). > actually here – https://xaya.io/downloads/storage.zip ask for help in discord
- Updated to UE 4.24 latest engine
- Synchronization getting lost potentially fixed
- On double-click jumps made sure height is maintained constant
- Resource names in leaderboard showed not proper values fixed
- Fixed few wrong item names, preventing them from properly being picked up
- Minimap update right after the jump
- Sometime selection being visible in far distance probably fixed
- Add lists for all users to make it easy to jump to them and locate on the map
- For better txid grouping, enforce first group movement waypoint into 100 hexes range
- Chat block all game controls, so when typing, its not toggling region map
- Camera rotation key binding – add info that is not for the keyboard
- Player Map indicator rotation not always being proper fixed
- Bigmap, removed wrong empty unit point from the map middle
- Fix bug with wrong ore name, which sometimes showed them wrong in inventory iand prevented dropping
- Fixed bug with a camera and selection around cars on the map edges
- Fixed refreshed areas still displaying old resource names instead of ???
- Fixed logo UI worng display
- Tuned down hex overlay display brightness
- Fix group distance wrongly showing red sometime
- Bring back txid size meter display, put in contextually under mouse cursor
- TXID will calculate properly now for group units too
- Fix rotation being set on pawn, resulting in wrong minimap orientation on jumps
- Improve item UI “swarm” on mass-banking experience
- Fix faction chat redirecting data to taurion chat
- On zoomout, make UI arrows on map larger for better visibility
- Green instance material make lighter for better visibility
- Fix projectile near map edge crash
- Renamed project to Taurion (all settings will reset, including regions map, will need to resynch)
- Chat, Prizes use different color
- Revert default movement mode as alternate (will revert back – mis comunication due to Snailbrain error)
- fixed camera infinite movement bug
- potentially fixed ctrl false held bug
- CHI price fixed to 50
- unit capped to 20
- gsp empty windows user name potentialy fixed
- leaderborads disaply fixed
- sme gsp bug fixed
- leaderboards shorten name for long strings
Taurion Tech Demo Download Page Instructions
GET 5 FREE UNITS (For Competition)
You can sign up to get 5 free units.
- Go to the competition page:
- Enter your email address in the email box
- Click Submit
- You will be sent a verification email. Click the verification link in it
- Open Taurion
- In the email box, enter your email from above
- In the Desired username box, enter a name you’d like to use
- Click submit
- Wait 30 second to a minute then select the name in the Select name drop down menu
NOTE: When you get a free account with 5 units, your House is randomly determined (unless you signed up for the previous competition, in which case you will need to set a faction then exit out and enter your old name you received and email). If you wish to choose your house, you must use a Xaya name of your own and purchase units. During the competition the price of units is 50 CHI each (this is to prevent spam – not for the team – in the full game the CHI will be burned).
SELECT YOUR HOUSE (if you are not using the free starter pack option)
There are 3 Houses:
You must choose which House you wish to play with.
Hover over the Houses and then click to select one.
Wait for the game to finish loading.
GET SOME MORE UNITS
- In the Unit panel, click the “Add Unit +” button (1). (50 chi each to prevent spam)
- Next, in the Add Unit panel (2) use the slider (3) to choose how many units you wish to create.
- Click the Create button (4).
- Your units are then added to your Unit panel (1). This normally takes 1 block before you can use them (about 30 seconds).
To move units:
- In the Units panel (1), press CTRL then double-click each unit that you wish to move. They will be highlighted with a darker background
- Use WASD to navigate the map and QE to rotate the camera
- Use the middle mouse button for free panning
- You can combine WASDQE with middle mouse panning
- Click on the map to set a waypoint to move to (2)
- Click the yellow >> button to move (3)
- Wait a moment for the move to be mined into the blockchain. In the meantime, your pending move is highlighted in purple
- Once mined, your units will begin to move. Their paths are indicated with coloured arrows
To view prospecting region, use the space bar to cycle through the flat, hex, and region views of the map.
- Select a unit
- In the Move panel, click the Radar button at the top. The prospecting region will be highlighted
- Click the yellow >> GO button to prospect on the current hex tile. The territory will be highlighted in purple while you are prospecting and the number of blocks left will be beside your unit’s icon in the Unit panel
How to see how much ore is in a region, if any:
- Press the F key
- Hover your mouse over a region
- The type of ore and amount will be displayed
ALTERNATE CAMERA CONTROLS
If you’re used to FPS-style navigation, and would like to use that in Taurion:
- Click the Settings gear icon
- Click the Gameplay tab
- Check the Alternate Camera Height Mode checkbox