Taurion tech demo
The following guide will help you get started with Taurion.
NOTE: This is an incomplete pre-alpha tech demo. Many aspects of the game have not been implemented, e.g. you cannot build buildings yet or get vehicles beyond the initial scout vehicle. Keep this in mind as you play and experiment.
Download XAYA Electron Wallet
Download the latest version of XAYA here:
Install and run it, then let it fully sync. The time to sync depends upon your computer’s performance although the new installer allows you to predownload the chain which should save a lot of time.
At first, it may not appear to sync because it is downloading block headers so give it some time. Once it begins downloading blocks you’ll see the green progress bar advancing (1). Once it has finished downloading, you’ll see the blocks to download is equal to the total blocks in the green progress bar (2).
Back Up, Get Address, & Get CHI
After it has sync’d, encrypt your vault wallet with a password. To do that, click ENCRYPT in overview with your vault wallet selected. DO NOT LOSE THIS PASSWORD. You should then back up your wallet and password. See here and here for how to do that.
Change to your game wallet using the drop down menu in the upper left (3 above).
Create a CHI address in your game wallet. See here for how to do that.
Go to the #taurion_testing channel in Discord and give us your address. We will send you 11 CHI or 1 CHI + a name with characters.
Download & Run Taurion Pre-alpha Build
Download Taurion from this link and unzip to a folder:
Double-click on the “UnrealMapX.exe” file to run the Taurion pre-alpha build.
select or Create a Name
If you have already created a Xaya name, you can choose it from the SELECT NAME drop down menu (1).
If you haven’t created a name, enter one in the ADD NEW NAME text box and click the + symbol (2). Your name will be registered and available in the name drop down menu after 1 block, which is about 30 seconds (1).
To get some units:
- Click the + symbol beside your name (1)
- Use the slider (2) to decide how many units to create, they cost 5 chi each but you will be refunded at a later time (3)
- Click the House symbol to create those units (4)
- Your vehicle units are added under your name (5). It will normally take 1 block before you can use them (about 30 seconds)
To move units:
- In the Units panel (1), press CTRL then double-click each unit that you wish to move. They will be highlighted with a darker background
- Use WASD to navigate the map and QE to rotate the camera
- Use the middle mouse button for free panning
- You can combine WASDQE with middle mouse panning
- Click on the map to set a waypoint to move to (2)
- Click the green >> button to move (3)
- Wait a moment for the move to be mined into the blockchain. In the meantime, your pending move is highlighted in purple
- Once mined, your units will begin to move. Their paths are indicated with green arrows
You can change movement options under Settings > Controls.
To view prospecting region, use the space bar to cycle through the flat, hex, and region views of the map.
- Select a unit
- In the Move panel, click the Radar button at the top. The prospecting region will be highlighted
- Click the green >> Move button to prospect on the current hex tile. The territory will be highlighted in purple while you are prospecting and the number of blocks left will be beside your unit’s icon in the Unit panel
NOTE: You will not find any prospected resources in any inventory. This had not yet been implemented in this pre-alpha tech demo.